AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

invalid clicks report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

if I run a report and include invalid clicks does this mean I have been charged this amount. Has the percentage shown been credited to my account or were they filtered out before costing me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: invalid clicks report

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post. To answer your question about Invalid ClicksInvalid traffic refers to clicks and impressions on AdWords ads that we suspect aren't the result of genuine customer interest. Examples of invalid traffic include clicks and impressions performed by automated tools, as well as accidental clicks – for instance, if someone double clicks your ad. We don't charge you for invalid clicks and impressions because we think they have little or no value.

Types of invalid traffic

Below are some types of clicks and impressions that we consider to be invalid:

• Accidental clicks that provide no value, such as the second click of a double-click
  • Manual clicks intended to increase someone's advertising costs
  • Manual clicks intended to increase profits for website owners hosting your ads
  • Clicks and impressions by automated tools, robots, or other deceptive software
  • Impressions intended to artificially lower an advertiser's clickthrough rate (CTR)

If you feel like you are receiving an unusual amount of invalid clicks traffic, please use this link to find out more information on troubleshooting invalid clicks: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/2557048?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

that does not answere my question. I know what invalid clicks are. If I run a report and include invalid clicks does this mean I have been charged this amount. Has the percentage shown been credited to my account or were they filtered out before costing me.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Bob t Smiley Happy. Welcome to the community.
Read this thread- https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Invalid-Clicks-amp-Credit/td-p/56384

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy