AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

invalid clicks ? frequently having more clicks then impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been advertising for more then 10+ years on adwords and in the past a few times a year at the most I would have a few times where there would be 2 clicks and 1 impression and I would be refunded the $. Well in the last 2-3 weeks this has occurred  6-7 times, every time this happens it usually wipes out the budget for the day on that campaign. I am not a expert but when I looked a little further the 2 click and 1 impression situation always happened in the same hr when I looked. I have called the 1866 # a few times and they tell me they are " looking into it' I am wondering if maybe its a competitor? I do not feel that I should have to pay for 2 clicks on 1 impression when it is obviously the same person looking at the ad, not a 2nd or different "customer". Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated . 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... Statistically, these are low volume stats for Google to investigate. Just make sure that Google is crediting you,  Iwould set aside any investigation: simply, there isn't enough volume of data to decide whether this is random or a pattern

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Jon,

Google actually accepts 2 clicks from one impression as legitimate and chargeable if one click was on the headline and the other was on a sitelink.

Sitelinks offer more opportunities for your customers to click on and within your ad, but you won’t be charged for more than two clicks per ad impression. However, if someone quickly clicks on more than one link while viewing an ad, this gets treated as a duplicate or invalid click and you won't get charged.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... Did I miss that the clicks were on different  parts of the ad?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the help and responses, its greatly appreciated! what if I am not using any site link extensions? also it happened twice again yesterday where there was 2 clicks and 1 impression, one was removed /refunded after a afew hrs and the other is still there as 2 clicks on 1 impression. I wouldnt really care but when it happens it uses up a big part of budget if not all. 

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Call extensions are also clickable.

And check for automated extensions, just in case...
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7175034