AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

i received a promotional code without expiry date, it does not work!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a blue £75 promotional code card from Google (spend £25 and will get £75 credit) - with no expiry date  on the card. Yet i tried to use it and it does not work (says expired!). how can somehting expire when there is no date to expire! Is it an advertising Gimmick by Adwords! Not happy at all.

Harry

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: i received a promotional code without expiry date, it does not wor

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Harry O Smiley Happy. Welcome to the community.

As far as I know, the promotional code usually has an expiry date and it needs to be redeem within 14 days of the account creation. My suggestion is call the AdWords call support by going here- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

Re: i received a promotional code without expiry date, it does not wor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Harry,

It is true to what Ollie has said.

You need to check the date you have created your Adwords account as per Google AdWords terms & conditions, you need to APPLY the promotional code within 14 days after you have created your AdWords account. For example, you'd created your AdWords account on 1st January. You will have untill 14th January to apply the code or otherwise it will stated that your account is too old.

Soon after you have apply the promotional code successfully in your AdWords account, you may need to spend £25 within 30 days after entering the code. Then only the £75 will be credited to your AdWords account. Normally, it will take up to 5 business days before you may see the £75 credits.

If you have account is more than 2 weeks old, not to worry as you may create another new AdWords account using new email address as 1 AdWords account is only for 1 email address.

For more info, you may visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3465875?rd=1 .

I hope this info may helps. Thanks.