AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

i have my billing info entered into my ad words account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theres a msg telling me to fix billing so i can go active. I have card entered,anyone have an idea for me.
Thanks Denny

1 Expert replyverified_user

i have my billing info entered into my ad words account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Denny D,

Let's review the billing system of AdWords, which will help you long term.

1) Log in to Adwords.

2) Click on gear icon in upper right corner.

3) Click Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. If a payment was successful, it will state that it was and show the amount paid in the credits column. If it did not go through, it will list the amount it tried to process but the credit column will be empty. If the credit column is empty, no charge was made against your payment method and you need to resubmit the payment.

Please note that once a payment method has failed, it has to be validated (or fixed) to be used and for your AdWords account to be active again. Your AdWords account will be active with a failed payment method, even for manual pay. Until you fix the payment method so that there is a credible, active payment method your account will remain inactive. 

To Fix your payment method after a failed payment, you need to follow the steps above to visit the billing section of your AdWords account. Next, you need to click on the Billing Settings in the left hand menu.  You will see all of your submitted payment methods and above the failed one will be a red bar with the words Fix It. Click on those words (Fix it) and follow prompts to validate the payment method. You will need to do this every time your payment method is declined. Google payments often trigger fraud protection on credit cards until the bank or institution becomes familiar with you doing business with Google, so you may need to do this a few more times. Whenever you see the warning, you must go to Billing Settings and click on the Fix It link... which takes a few seconds and then your account will be active again.

Kind Regards,

James