AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

how much do you have to pay to get into adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, I was told from this subject of mine https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Is-it-safe-using-my-Visa-with-Google-Adwords/m-p/996... That you had to pay to utilize adwords, I am just curious on how it actually works, cause at the moment I currently have a few dollars in my bank, so if I added my bank details to adwords, they'd just deduct how much from it? And how much to keep on being payed, cause now I'm a little confused, so if somebody could enlighten me or show me a video on how to use adwords, that'd be great thanks Smiley Happy.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: how much do you have to pay to get into adwords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello KnightRider,

There's no activation fee required to use AdWords. You pay only when someone clicks on your ad (or your ad incurs impressions if your campaign is on CPM bidding model) There's no minimum amount that you have to spend. You create campaigns and set an average daily budget and choose how you'll spend your money. You control the spending by setting appropriate bids and daily budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well that's weird when I look at my account it says this, and I haven't even done anything?

[quote]Your ads aren't running because we haven't received your payment.
Please make a payment.[/quote]

So why does it say that?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi KnightRaider,

You have two options here, pre-payment and post-payment.

And if you are a large advertiser or business, then you have a third option, that is monthly invoicing.

Find more information about all these payment options here.

Find more information about how to make a payment here.

hope this helps,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi KnightRaider, it's probably because you have set your Account to pre-pay and haven't deposited any funds into the Account yet.  The other thread you've linked to includes a number of links to help files explaining the payment methods available to Adwords customers however this one is probably what you need right now:

Payment Methods

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Smiley Happy.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Have you selected the prepay option? If you selected a prepay option, you'll have to pay for advertising in advance of receiving any clicks or impressions. You add funds to your AdWords account, Google deducts only the Advertising costs from that balance. You will be notified when your balance is running low. If you do run out of funds, your ads will stop showing until you make another payment.