AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

help- Campaing used budget more than assigned

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Since yesterdya, I am facing it in an account.

There is total 4 campaign and I was using shared budget for last 2 days and I see that one campaign used 90% of budget and I removed shared budget. For that particualr budget, I set daily limit to 3000, still It used more budget on same day so I ignored it as it may have used already.

But again today, I see that this campaing used 8000 of account budget even it was limited to 3000 at campaign label, so I paused it and after 5minute, it increase to 10,000.

As a result, other campaign ads stopped showing as account lable budget used completly. It may adjust later, but it affect the other ads for some time.

How is it possible? am I doing something wrong?

Also, when I see all "online campaing " statics then this campaing show 138 click, 10,000 total cost, but when I see this campaing at adgroup lablel then show 80 clicks & total cost 6000.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: help- Campaing used budget more than assigned

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
update-

Now it show lots of invalid clicks. and total cost reduced to 700.
Still question is- how did it used more then assigned budget to this campaign.

Re: help- Campaing used budget more than assigned

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi there, 

The situation that you are facing might be in relation to Overdelivery. Overdelivery means that we might overshoot your daily budget by up to 20% in any one day, but we will balance this out over a period of 30 days, so you never pay more than your daily budget multiplied by the number of days in that month. For example you might spend 12% of your budget on one day when you're performing really well, and then spend only 80% of your budget on a day when you're performing less well.

Hope this helps!

A.