AdWords
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

google analytics shows 4 clicks and adwords shows 35 clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't understand why Google analytics shows 4 clicks and I'm being charged for 32 clicks buy Adwords, this is an average since I set up these accounts for the last 4 months.

Re: google analytics shows 4 clicks and adwords shows 35 clicks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

HI

Few questions before I can answer your query

1. Because you are referring to clicks in analytics i assumed you have linked the accounts and autotagging has been turned on.
  2. Are you checking same dates in adwords and analytics?
  3. Were these adwords and analytics accounts were linked from start? because click data in analytics will only show up after you link the accounts

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Re: google analytics shows 4 clicks and adwords shows 35 clicks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The accounts are linked and I talked to an Adwords person about it, they had no answer for me! These are daily figures for months now. Adwords told me that it took over 2 days for the info. to update, well it's been 4 months. They also said that every time someone clicks on my add that it goes directly to my web page, but the clicks should be the same amount right? I guess I'm asking how can you click from Adwords to my web page and analytics not report it to me? I get click data in analytics and Adwords that's why I'm asking here.