AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

entered billing information error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I log in, I get this error - "To activate your account and start running your ads, enter your billing information" however every time I go to the Billing preferences page, it asks for my country, I choose United States and hit next.  I immediately get a page that only says "An error has occured.  Dismiss." and nothing else.

I first signed up about 3 weeks ago, and this happened then.  I didn't come back to the site again after that until today, and it's still doing it, so obviously it's not just a site error, but rather something screwy with my account.  What can be done about this?

I actually entered my billing information when I first signed up, so even that seems wrong.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: entered billing information error

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Athey, 

Sorry you're having this trouble. Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? Let me know if it's still not working for you after that and I can get one of our support teams to help you out. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have entered all my billing information but it is still coming up with this error message: "Your account isn't active because you haven' entered your billing information."
Please help

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Belinda W, 

This messaging should go away within 24hrs of updating your billing information. Let us know if you still see it after that. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the exact same issue as the OP.  Tried several browsers, devices, ISPs, over the course of a few days.  I Have cleared cookies & caches.  Has anyone figured this out?  

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Chris, 

As I mentioned above this messaging generally goes away within 24hrs. Was that not your experience?

Let us know if you're still having trouble with this. 

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi, im having the same problem, when entering billing information error comes up. i already deleted all the cookies but it is still not working. please help, thanks

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Hi Natkah 12,

When did you last update your billing information? This messaging should have disappeared within 24hrs. If it hasn't, let me know and I'll get you some more help.

Hannah

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

the same problem is here when I promote my video from youtube after logging in AdWords at billing tab when they ask my country I select my country and click next there is only one message appears "oh there was a problem" what kind of problem I don't know please help me if anyone knows.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here, I am going to try waiting 24 hours

BUMP