AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

entered a promotional coupon but cannot access it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi everyone,

i obtained a $100 promotional coupon for adwords.

i have just set up my account (new user tempted to use adwords)

- therefore, i entered the promotional coupon (as it is a new = eligible account).

Then I could not find the coupon expiry date / value anywhere on the site. It feels like it was never entered (although I entered it once and google told me it was INVALID as 1 digit was missing). Second time when I entered, it just sent me to the next page (I assumed coupon was validated?)

Anyway, I selected "Manual Payment" but google would not launch my adwords campaign until i entered a credit card sort of info. I changed from Manual to Auto (Manual requires me to make $20 upfront minimum payment) = and I thought automatic payment would be better in my case. Entered CC details. All good = adverts working already. However, coupon code still does not appear anywhere. 

I was expecting somewhere to display $100 coupon value + expiry date?

I tried entering the same coupon again under billing and it says "This promotion code has already been redeemed. Promotional codes can only be redeemed one time" - which means it has been successfully redeemed, right?

now just to try something - my friend also has a different coupon ($100). I tried to include that one and it says I am not eligible to claim more than 1 coupon on this account (which shows that the first one was successfully claimed!!)

- So where can I access the value of the promotional code and ensure that I am not being charged from my credit card UNTIL my promotional code value is over?

thanks  for your help!!  Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: entered a promotional coupon but cannot access it

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Please read the following article about promo vouchers, and how to redeem them. It will "sort out" all your questions:

Decoding AdWords Promotional Codes

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

issue is - i have already redeemed mine as:

- code no longer works when trying again

- trying another code = "you have already redeemed a promotional code on this account"

issue is - where is the promotional code? how long does it take to be credited to the account?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

There are many types of coupons on the market, as well as changes were made to the program (a month ago).

If you can't see the type of coupon you are holding, and how is it redeemed ( i.e. when you get the credit - instantly, or after spending a certain amount on advertising) - your best solution is to call your local Google office and check with them.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, I obtained my coupon from a Google Partner (so I'm sure its authentic) and there was no mention of a minimum spend anywhere.

However, there could always be those hidden terms and conditions.

Suggestion: if there was a minimum spend (which I am strongly leaning towards), then

- Google should at least say 'promotional coupon validated' and display it there

- Google should (when validating the coupon) be able to say 'spend $X and obtain $Y in promotional credit).

Cause at the moment it is very misleading..

Thanks for your help!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I am suspecting that you got one of the old coupons (before Sept 30th), that are not valid anymore;

The new ones say spend 25$ get 75$.

But, since you don't have the details, the best is to contact Google and check with them the exact one you are holding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

mine just said $100 google Adwords voucher

I am assuming that there is a minimum spend (hence my case) - however nowhere it mentioned that (most places tell you $100 when you spend $X..)

here:
http://www.shopify.com/blog/3034022-shopify-and-google-up-the-ante-with-100-adwords-credits

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

A said, as far as my knowledge, these types of coupons are  not valid anymore, and you cannot use them.

But, again, since many plans on the market, depending on your location, just call Google and check with them, whether the type you are holding is valid in your territory, and can be redeemed.

http://righteousmarketing.com/changes-to-google-adwords-coupons

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks mate,

shopify has replied to an email saying coupons are valid and should be claimed by 31st december 2012

so i'll have to contact google about that..

tw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
tw
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a store and recently opened the google adwords account to redeem the $100 offer from google. You need to spend $25 in order to receive the promotion. Just pay $35 with your cc and once they see that you spend $25 they will credit the rest.