AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

double click and suspect clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a carpet cleaner in a competive market. We advertiose online with google adwords. Yesterday I had 9 clicks and 3 of those clicks were from the same people (2-2-2) within 30 seconds -2 minutes of each other. My CPC is $11. Google says that they are not double clicks becasue of the time frame that had elapsed. 

In the Invaild click section under help, Google says:

Here are just a few examples of what Google may consider to be invalid clicks:

• manual clicks intended to increase your advertising costs or to increase profits for website owners hosting your ads
  • clicks by automated clicking tools, robots, or other deceptive software
  • extraneous clicks that provide no value to the advertiser, such as the second click of a double-click

Those extra clicks by the same consumer provided me with no value. To make matters worse, I did not get one call yesterday. Usally I get maybe 2-3 clicks a day and expect one call. 

Google says that if our system did not identify it then it is not a invalid click. This seems like circular logic.

Any feedback from the community at large would be apprecited. I have already had invalid clicks on my account before that were deemed be invalid by google. 

Re: double click and suspect clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ed

Nice to hear about a small business in service sector (as I guess you are?) that uses AdWords with such diligence. Keep it up!

I had 9 clicks and 3 of those clicks were from the same people (2-2-2) within 30 seconds -2 minutes of each other

I am curios about how you know that? Did you actually see the people clicking your ads or did you make an analysis in Analytics and found out?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
3rd party tracking software embedded on my website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After further review I found out that google did filter out 2/3 of the clicks I had concerns about.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And to clarify, the clicks I was concerned about happened throughout the day not in the same time span. Just learning how to use Adwords and I am learning through mistakes. And of course those mistakes cost my new company money.