AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

double click and suspect clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a carpet cleaner in a competive market. We advertiose online with google adwords. Yesterday I had 9 clicks and 3 of those clicks were from the same people (2-2-2) within 30 seconds -2 minutes of each other. My CPC is $11. Google says that they are not double clicks becasue of the time frame that had elapsed. 

In the Invaild click section under help, Google says:

Here are just a few examples of what Google may consider to be invalid clicks:

• manual clicks intended to increase your advertising costs or to increase profits for website owners hosting your ads
  • clicks by automated clicking tools, robots, or other deceptive software
  • extraneous clicks that provide no value to the advertiser, such as the second click of a double-click

Those extra clicks by the same consumer provided me with no value. To make matters worse, I did not get one call yesterday. Usally I get maybe 2-3 clicks a day and expect one call. 

Google says that if our system did not identify it then it is not a invalid click. This seems like circular logic.

Any feedback from the community at large would be apprecited. I have already had invalid clicks on my account before that were deemed be invalid by google. 

Re: double click and suspect clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ed

Nice to hear about a small business in service sector (as I guess you are?) that uses AdWords with such diligence. Keep it up!

I had 9 clicks and 3 of those clicks were from the same people (2-2-2) within 30 seconds -2 minutes of each other

I am curios about how you know that? Did you actually see the people clicking your ads or did you make an analysis in Analytics and found out?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
3rd party tracking software embedded on my website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
After further review I found out that google did filter out 2/3 of the clicks I had concerns about.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And to clarify, the clicks I was concerned about happened throughout the day not in the same time span. Just learning how to use Adwords and I am learning through mistakes. And of course those mistakes cost my new company money.