AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

country or region specified in the offer details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I received coupon code but when I try to put it in Settings (Promotion Code) I get the message "Your billing address doesn't match the country or region specified in the offer details".

Where can I find offer details?

Could you send me a new (matching) code please?

Regards,

Dejan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: country or region specified in the offer details

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;
Promo codes are distributed per markets (regions / countries). You can use a promo code only in a country / region that matches the billing.

The terms of service restricts each promo code to a country. I would not try to "game" the system:  we have seen cases of suspended accounts, when trying to use promo codes of other regions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In this case, promo code was not distributed per market, obviously. I tried to use a promo code in a country that matches the billing.
I am not trying to game the system, but the system i.e. provider gamed me (with advertised credit).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am facing the same issue. I am in india and the code for india doesn't work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same issue here. Promo code for Poland, address registered in Poland, and it doesn't match.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Дејан Ч
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

If you are certain that the promo code issued to you is legitimate and for the correct country then my suggestion is to just try it again. I had the same error message before (last month in fact) and when I tried it again a few minutes later (thinking maybe I had made an error in the code) it worked fine.

If this does not work then I would suggest contacting a Google rep or the source of the code.

Good Luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK here's what helped - I've created first campaign directed to my country.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow, now that's interesting! I've spend 100 and my code just... disappeared. No money added, nothing in the history, when I try to enter the code again it says it has been used before. I know it was used because I used it but nothing happend. Sad but true...