AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

country or region specified in the offer details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I received coupon code but when I try to put it in Settings (Promotion Code) I get the message "Your billing address doesn't match the country or region specified in the offer details".

Where can I find offer details?

Could you send me a new (matching) code please?

Regards,

Dejan

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Дејан Ч
September 2015

Re: country or region specified in the offer details

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

If you are certain that the promo code issued to you is legitimate and for the correct country then my suggestion is to just try it again. I had the same error message before (last month in fact) and when I tried it again a few minutes later (thinking maybe I had made an error in the code) it worked fine.

If this does not work then I would suggest contacting a Google rep or the source of the code.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi;
Promo codes are distributed per markets (regions / countries). You can use a promo code only in a country / region that matches the billing.

The terms of service restricts each promo code to a country. I would not try to "game" the system:  we have seen cases of suspended accounts, when trying to use promo codes of other regions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In this case, promo code was not distributed per market, obviously. I tried to use a promo code in a country that matches the billing.
I am not trying to game the system, but the system i.e. provider gamed me (with advertised credit).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am facing the same issue. I am in india and the code for india doesn't work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same issue here. Promo code for Poland, address registered in Poland, and it doesn't match.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Дејан Ч
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Guys,

If you are certain that the promo code issued to you is legitimate and for the correct country then my suggestion is to just try it again. I had the same error message before (last month in fact) and when I tried it again a few minutes later (thinking maybe I had made an error in the code) it worked fine.

If this does not work then I would suggest contacting a Google rep or the source of the code.

Good Luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
OK here's what helped - I've created first campaign directed to my country.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow, now that's interesting! I've spend 100 and my code just... disappeared. No money added, nothing in the history, when I try to enter the code again it says it has been used before. I know it was used because I used it but nothing happend. Sad but true...