AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

changing payment details

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All 

can anyone tell me if it is ok to change payment details from one bank to another? as it states that it would take 10 days to confirm new account? don't want my payment to bounce etc??

thanks 

drcjj

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author drcjj
September 2015

Re: changing payment details

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello drcjj;

You rather add an alternative method of payment using a credit card before making the change, so your charge will not be bounced.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe

Thanks for your reply, what it is that we now have a business account set up so i was wondering if i could just change the details to the hsbc bank account without any bank charges occuring on my own account, as it is an automated service with google ads??

thanks

drcjj

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi drcjj;

Google does not charge for changing a payment method. Charges could be incurred by your bank.

I am worried from a different aspect: while doing the paperwork and submitting it to Google, there is a time frame that your old account is removed, while the new account in not set yet. During that time, Google may submit a payment to the old account - that will be declined, resulting in all campaigns stopped immediately.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi moshe thats my point my ad payment is due on the 12th of every month so would i have enough time to change details??

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@drcjj

You are taking a high risk that can jeopardize the account!!

As suggested in my first reply, make sure that you have an alternative method of payment in place!, (before changing your payment method!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ok thanks moshe

think i will avoid changing details till after payment has been made on the 12th sept.

Kind Regards

drcjj (Angie)