AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

cannot log into adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I cannot log into adwords with this google account. This is the first time I am trying to use adwords on this account. An older account I have still works fine and I can log in, but not on this new account.

I go to adwords.google.com and it asks me 4 steps (About your business, your first campaign, billing & review)

After filling in e-mail address and website address and clicking continue for step 2, it then keeps asking me to log in (Sign in to add another account)

Same happens if I click on skip the guided step

What I have tried so far:

4 different computers

2 different networks

3 different browsers

reset each browser (cache, cookies etc.)

removed any/all plugins/extensions

tried incognito mode

No matter what I do I cannot get past this step and use adwords for this account, but the moment I log in with my older account I can access adwords. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: cannot log into adwords

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Y2H,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Are you trying to sign up for AdWords or log in to an account that's already set up? What's the email address you're using, in case you're signing up?

** Edit**

Please do not share your email address here, for security reasons. I meant to ask if the email address you're using is a gmail or non gmail account. In case it is not gmail, are you using any Google services with that email address?

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Y2 H,

Are you trying to use the same email address? You cannot have two AdWords accounts associated with the same email. You might want to create a new email address, just to use as a login for your new AdWords account.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue. Any ideas?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Henrik,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Are you trying to set up an account or trying to log in to an existing account?

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's a new account.

I get to the point where I have to enter my email and website. Once I click Continue I get prompted to select which gmail account to use.
Then it just stops, no matter what I do I can never get past the point where it asks me to select which gmail account to use.

I tried setting up a new VM just for this purpose but that gave me the same result.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Henrik,

Could you provide a screenshot of the page please? Please grey out any sensitive information like email address.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure.

This is from my VM where there's only one account. I've entered my email and website, clicked Continue and ended up here. Entering my email and password does nothing. I never leave this page or get any error messages.

What if someone else has set up Adwords for my site? What would then happen?

adwords.png

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Y2H & Henrik,

Could you let me know if you're using a Google or a Non - Google account to sign up for AdWords? Gmail address is by default a Google account. If you're using a non Gmail address for the first time to sign up for a Google product (like AdWords), there are a set of steps to be followed. DO let me know so that I can suggest further steps to get started.

Henrik: It is not a problem if someone else has set up AdWords for your site, as there are ways to deal with it.

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

@ Sumanth: I am trying to sign up for AdWords using a Google Account that was recently created, and previously never used for AdWords before. The e-mail address is a standard google account e-mail address and I use Gmail with that address.

@ Amy: It is a different e-mail address to my primary gmail address.

@ Henrik: Did you get the issue resolved yet? The issue you are having is exactly the same as me judging by your description and attached screenshot.

Thanks

Nick