AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

billing info and total costs confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, my billing information is telling me the clicks my video has had and it seems correct, but the total cost in the campaign summary is saying more than $600! This is confusing because I shouldn't be paying anything near that due to my manual payments only having a total of $100! I believe the total cost column is only calculating the views by the cost per view amount, and not actual clicks on the ad correct?

Re: billing info and total costs confusion

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Matt,

On the billing tab, can you check if you are viewing daily or monthly campaign activity.

Also, if you are only running a video campaign, the campaign activity that is shown on the billing tab as clicks is actually CPV only as you are charged only when a user will view your ad, even though on the billing tab it is written as clicks.

Additionally, what you can also do is click on the campaign activity and you will be directed to a summary page which will show you the base on which you have been charged.

Hope this helps you out.
- Neeti Ghildiyal
@NeetiGhildiyal | SMG Convonix | Join Us - Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

billing info and total costs confusion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey yeah same im having the exact same problem i deposited R100 and says cost is R497 ? what does this mean do i have to now pay extra. i set my daily budget to R100 and set the campaign for one day only. So surely i would only pay R100 Please let me know, kind regards Dylan