AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

billing, campaign costs and total budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just wanted to confirm something about billing, my understanding is that if i set a campaign to $5 I will only be charged $5 , even if in 'total costs' it says my ad cost $180, please confirm this? cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: billing, campaign costs and total budget

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if the total cost is not a reflection of what I am actually being charged could you please explain to me what total cost actually means so I wont get concerned when I see those large numbers there?  cheers in advance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

sorry also could you explain to me how my budget fits into this? is the number in my budget how much I have spent so far?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Ash,

Thank you for your posting on our Community forum. Regarding your billing question, let me clarify: If you set your daily budget to $5/day, you will not pay on average more than that when your balance reaches A$100.00 or 30 days after your last automatic payment, whichever comes first. 

You can also reference this Community thread which discusses AdWords daily budget: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Please-Explain-Daily-Budget-System/m-p/139912/hig...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
if the total cost is not a reflection of what I am actually being charged could you please explain to me what total cost actually means so I wont get concerned when I see those large numbers there? I think a lot of people see the total cost section, its a strange system I dont think anyone would understand without it being explained. cheers in advance.
sorry also could you explain to me how my budget fits into this? is the number in my budget how much I have spent so far? thanks again Smiley Very Happy