AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

being Billed twice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business account has been charged $7000 over the past 5 months - yet my adwords accounts total campaigning costs show $3470.  

I thought it might have been a billing timing issue but now I see it cannot be.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: being Billed twice

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Robert M,

I would start by going to the AdWords account, clicking on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and then clicking on Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. If a payment was successful, it will state that it was and show the amount paid in the credits column. If it did not go through, it will list the amount it tried to process but the credit column will be empty. If the credit column is empty, no charge was made against your payment method and you need to resubmit the payment. Be sure to change change the date range to include when the charges were made (seven to eight months).

Next, I would go to Campaigns/ All Campaigns and change the date range (upper right corner) to include seven or eights months and I would look at the total cost of campaigns (bottom of charts). I would compare billing to the campaign total and see what is what. My guess is that these two areas will explain what happened and where the payments went, too.

Finally, if none of these made sense, I would make sure I did not have another AdWords account (under a different email), did not apply a payment to friend or family member's AdWords account.  And if all of these roads still lead nowhere, I would return to the gear icon in the upper right corner, click it and call the number shown (or alternately click on Help and pick another method: chat, video, etc.).

Please let us know how this goes and if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James