AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

adwords vouchers

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I've got a Adwords account which I'm not quite sure if it has the introductory vouchers applied or not. I can ask the client or I can simply work out how to find this information out myself to make things easier. I deal with a lot of small business accounts, many are tech luddites so trying to get this information can be difficult. 

I've got a screenshot of one account below:

billing screenshot

When I click all time it goes back to 25th November earliest. The balance is $0. There is nothing set up what so ever - would it be fair to assume that this account has zero activity, has been opened less than 14 days ago therefore eligible for the adwords vouchers.

Secondly. I am registered with engage UK, most of my clients are from the states though. Can I simple apply the GBP vouchers to a US account or would it be better for the client to request USD vouchers which will work out more?

Word on the grapvine is that a £75GBP voucher will simply add $75USD to a USA account. But if I ask for USD vouchers I will get $100USD making it more worthwhile.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: adwords vouchers

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello morecaffeine;

You have raised a number of issues

I assume that those "clients' accounts" are linked to your MCC account;

I also understand that you have linked existing accounts to your MCC.

Vouchers are territory based. Their "face value" varies between markets and regions,  based  on different promotions;

Google says that "promo codes should be used in the territory they are issued" . My interpretation of this, is that your clients should have a billing address in the UK

Read more:

Decoding AdWords PromotionalCodes

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe, thanks for answering.

Yes, all my clients accounts are linked to my MCC, including this one.

So what does it mean for an consultant like me who is based in the UK who has clients from the US (which is predominantely the case for me). Can I not offer them promotional vouchers? It's a bit of a **bleep** to be honest, because I've already told them that I can get promotional vouchers for them. hmmmm.

What would happen if I applied a GBP voucher to a USD account? Will it not go through?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok just read the rules: http://www.google.com/adwords/coupons/terms.html (USA)

I thought vouchers can be applied to any new account opened in the last 14 days, but it appears that the user has to go through the promotional URL for vouchers to work. Is that strictly the case or does Google informally allow any account less than 14 days old to use vouchers?

Edit: Ok different rules for different countries, here's the UK link: http://www.google.co.uk/adwords/coupons/terms.html

Hmm. it's a bit contradictory this, it says voucher can be applied to any account less than 14 days old, but then it goes on to say that on registration the customer has to follow through the promotional URL. What happens if they register normally (doesn't follow the promotional url) and then applies a voucher within the 14 day window.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

You said that those vouchers were issued by the Engage program;

Contact them. They might be able to offer you some USD coupons to be redeemed for US accounts. (not sure though...)

You are taking a big risk trying to redeem coupons issued in one territory for  accounts in another. We had a few cases where this  ended up in account suspension...Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe

Thanks for the response. I wanted to get a quicker answer and engage team is only open Mon-Fri. But I emailed adwords support on Friday and got a response this morning from them.

Adwords support confirmed that no coupon was applied and they'd put $100 credits directly into the clients account themselves. Also offered to speak to engage team on my behalf, which I didn't take up. I'll call them tomorrow and try and see if I can get some US vouchers. 

But Mondays are so busy I never got a chance to phone them. Will follow up tomorrow.

Support is pretty good, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi morecaffeine;

Thanks for updating. keep us posted