AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

ad words campaign set to a max budget of $100 goes over $100

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign is set to $100 and I get clicks to $114 I lowered it to $50 per day and right now it is $57. My adwords express is set to $34 with one ad and in adwords it shows 2 campaigns and the minimums are set to 17 and change and like 60 something. What's up with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: ad words campaign set to a max budget of $100 goes over $100

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Allen,

• It's possible that you'll be charged less or sometimes slightly more than your average daily budget amount on a given day. To help make sure that your ad can run a little more on days when it's very popular, your daily budget is used like an average: on any single day, you can receive up to 20% more in costs than your daily budget, but other days will be capped at a lower amount to make up for it. This is called overdelivery.

• However, in a given billing period, you're never charged more than the average number of days in a month (roughly 30.4) times your daily budget. For campaigns that are paused in the middle of the month or that otherwise don't run for the full month, you may see discrepancies between your average daily budgets and your total charges.

for more details read https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6312?hl=en

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Allen,

• It's possible that you'll be charged less or sometimes slightly more than your average daily budget amount on a given day. To help make sure that your ad can run a little more on days when it's very popular, your daily budget is used like an average: on any single day, you can receive up to 20% more in costs than your daily budget, but other days will be capped at a lower amount to make up for it. This is called overdelivery.

• However, in a given billing period, you're never charged more than the average number of days in a month (roughly 30.4) times your daily budget. For campaigns that are paused in the middle of the month or that otherwise don't run for the full month, you may see discrepancies between your average daily budgets and your total charges.

for more details read https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6312?hl=en

I hope it helps.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very thorough answer and easy to understand answer! Thank you