AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

account suspended but i already paid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1st of all i am new to google adwords and i am trying to setup my account i tried paying it using my paypal for easy payment as i dont have to type my card number my paypal is linked with 4 different cards of course its all mine and account is like 3 years old but payment didnt go through for like 2 of my cards as i receive sms everytime my credit card is being used so instead i entered a new payment method and enter manually my card to pay and it was success i even received an email from payments-noreply@google.com it says

"Payment received. Your payment of PHP 600.00 was applied to Google AdWords on Jul 5, 2017"

however when the page refreshed i got this error at the top of my account

"We haven't received payment for your advertising costs, so we've temporarily suspended your AdWords account until you're able to pay your balance"

thats weird is it like this? i assumed this was triggered on the last 2 failed attempts on my paypal need answer please thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Myra,

When you open AdWords, you will see a gear icon in the upper right hand corner. Click on it, then click on Billings & payments. 

Now you will be at your dashboard where all credits and debits are shown. Everything is always charted here. What does this show as your last payment (forget the email)? When you make a payment, a email is immediately sent... yet a few minutes later a payment source (your bank or card) can decline the payment. You will always need to use the info in the Billings & payments dashboard to know the status of all things related to the credits & debits of your account.  

If you look under the bar graph showing Your Balance and payment threshold, you will your last payment date and amount. And if you look under that, there is a Transactions section. Click on view transactions and documents. You can click on a date to see more info. Things listed in blue are clickable and will expand to provide more details. 

Once you have researched everything there...

If you look in the left hand menu, you will see Payments Methods. Click on this and see if your payment methods need to be fixed to be used. You will see a red box that says Fix it. Click on that and follow directions. You may need to refresh the page or click out of it and back into it for the new status to reflect (it's required about 30% of the time). 

At this point, you should be familiar with what is taking place with your account. 

Please note that all AdWords' accounts must maintain a proper and active payment source to be enabled. You can learn more about this in detail with this information.  

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi thank you so much for your reply i can see that there is 3 declined payment on my transaction history this is due to my paypal on my particular card as i have said i have multiple cards and not like on google play that i can select which card on my paypal should i use i dont have this on adwords it just scan on all the cards inside my paypal and charge it that's why i have so many declined.. i shouldnt have use paypal.. now what should i do? and also whats gonna happen to the money that i have paid on my adwords since i was suspended but the payment was successfully debited to my card.. can i still get it back?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Myra C,

You are welcome. 

You can use the info I previously posted to go to the Billings & payments dashboard and look for the transaction that went through. Even if the email stated it did... and your online credit card statement shows a payment "pending" it does not mean it was completed. If it completed, your account would not be under suspension for non-payment of balance due. Do you see a balance due?

Please note that we see payment sources for account fail all the time, yet a suspension is not given until much more down the road. When a payment source fails, one would simply go to Payments & billings/ Payment methods and click on the red box Fix it, which would repair the source if it could now be used... or one would simply add a new payment source and make a payment.  

From what you describe, it sounds like a payment was submitted, email went out, payment source declined payment, (payment source typically holds amount in "pending" for up to 24 hours or so)... and then your AdWords account was suspended for not having a valid payment source to use. 

At this point, you should add a correct credit card or bank account to your AdWords account (see my previous post and go to Payment methods). This should allow a normal payment to go through and your account should be reinstated (since the payment issue is the only issue).

You can also contact AdWords Support and they can access your account with you and walk you through it. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).

Or you could simply cancel your AdWords account and not use it... and wait for the system to process out a refund.  

Kind Regards,

James

Re: account suspended but i already paid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@James_Clemens thank you so much for taking time to answer my post i already called google adwords and they said someone from billing will contact me and i received an email just now but the email is just an automated email asking me to fill up a form where i am sure i will be put on queue anyway i will fill up that form later i just want to know what exactly happened to my account leading to its suspension or adwords system is just too sensitive to this kind of things? this is the screenshot of my transaction page

trans.jpg

the first payment method i added was paypal which happens to have 4 different cards but of course i own those cards as its all verified and confirmed by paypal, since there is no option for me to select which card to be used on my payment adword system automatically billed me on all the cards i guess but the problem is that 3 of the card have a problem, 1 the credit card is already a closed account which i forgot to remove on my paypal and the other card is a bitcoin debit card that needs to be funded first before i can use it so obviously it doesnt have any money in it and the other 1 is an ATM debit card linked to my bank account that needs my confirmation first, i tried paying through paypal but like i said it doesnt allow me to select which card to use so i failed 3 times then i realized that i have to add a new payment method this time using the card that is working

pp.jpg

and so it went successfully but right after the page was refreshed i got suspended and when you told me to check on my transaction history and click on the transaction that went through this is what i get

pr.jpg

now i am not really sure what happened but 1 thing is for sure the 3 failed payments is the source of the problem, am i right? should i fill up the form or should i just call google adwords billing team to explain this it would be a fast resolution if i call rather than fill up some form and just be put on queue without any assurance that my problem will be solved

again thank you for responding i appreciate it