AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

account suspended because billing information not verified

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We participated Google online marketing challenge, and get a $250 credit for Adwords. We also switched the account to manual payment, so that I can use $250. But when we started a campaign, the same day we get noticed that the account was suspended for billing information not verified. I also tried to contact Google Adwords, but haven't got any reply after 3 business days. Now that we have the one-time $250 for the GOMC on the account, but the account was suspended, we are literally stuck. FYI, after suspention, I also verified my auto payment bank account. I also tried to call Adwords, but all I got is saying "your account is suspended, and contact us by email". This reallly sucks.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Qiaoyi Xu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: account suspended because billing information not verified

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Please post  the website URL

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I find the URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

The adwords destination URL is https://prs.pindropsecurity.com/area_codes

My Adwords account is 454-112-5351.

Thanks,

Qiaoyi Xu

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

My view: this site violates the information harvesting section of the Policy, since it is mainly aimed to collect personal information (and hence suspended)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe,

Thank you for replying to me. Well, that website is for people to search for phone number information, instead of collecting information.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

So why are you asking to sign up? If this is a publicly available information, why a user has to register? (Unless the data is NOT publicly available and belongs to the telephone company. In this case you need to get an authorization to use it)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Generally, it's available for public. But if you want to search for more than 5 phone numbers, you need to sign up. Also, signing up would give you more information about the phone number.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

What do you mean by: "Generally, it's available for public"

• Are the data bases you use to "collect" these phone numbers publicly available free of charge on official government sites / phone company directories? Did you just reorganized them for easy search?
  •  
  • What do you do with the emails and the names of the users registered on your site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By generally, I mean if one searches one phone number, it is free of charge. But the company has its database of phone number information, and the database is now only used for that website, not posting to any official goverment sites or phone company directories. The page is newly launched though.

The company does not use those emails and names for anything, except for filling in there user database. Will that still voilate the policy?