AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a message at the top of my account saying "Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted" despite the Billing summary showing that I do have a current balance.

(Actually the Billing summary Current Balance figure is a bit confusing because it puts the amount in brackets, which usually denotes a negative amount, but then says 'Credit' underneath.)

Searching for this issue in the forums, it seems this is a bug that is several years old.

I wondered if there is an ETA on when this issue will be fixed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Rusty,

I know the Adwords program will bill based upon a scheduled predetermined amount when you reach X $ or X days. The account will auto-bill that amount. If the Credit card or bank draft or payment method was declined the account would be paused in order for that admin to correct their billing data.

Now referencing the Credit vs Debit:

The Credit as a negative Amount is a common Accounting Billing Principle and I would Humbly say is not a bug. (in my opinion - I could be wrong Smiley Happy  )

For General Account Info that others may not know:

In accounting terms Credit Means Payments received ( ie you paid from your account- you gave Google Money) and Debit means this is how much you OWE,
Balance is the difference between what you paid and what you OWE,

Help desk info on Adword Billing Threshold
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6311?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric

I didn't mean the amount in brackets being a bug, I meant the message at the top of my account saying "Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted" despite the Billing summary showing that I do have a current balance. There are quite a few other posts in the forums about this issue going back several years with no fix, other than having to open a new account.

You state the problem could be down to "If the Credit card or bank draft or payment method was declined". But why would they be trying to take money from my credit card or bank a/c when I still have money in my adwords a/c?

And why would the message say "Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted." if the problem was actually that they were trying to take the money via CC / bank a/c rather than using the prepaid balance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Given this issue looks to have been going on for several years, it would be nice to get an update from someone on the adwords team as to when it might be fixed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still seeing this issue... any progress on a fix?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just noticed I am having this problem too. According to the tally on the billing page I have over $50 in credit remaining but the red bar at the top says my ads aren't showing due to an exhausted balance. How can this be going on all these years with no fix???

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed subject line and question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.