AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted. - going on for over 2 weeks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help or advice, I have had an adwords account for at least 5 or 6 years. this is the issue that I am having.it continues to say that "Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted" even after I add funds to the account. I contacted support and they tell me that they are working on it. I had the same issue back at the last of 2009 and it took 18 days to fix the problem. I keep replying to one of the support team and he has stayed in contact with me but only giving me the same answer each time which is they are working on it. To begin with I was told that it would be fixed within 2 days at the very latest. Then I was told that this must be a huge issue because they have brought in their top engineers to work on my account day and night. I find that hard to believe. I told them that I have seen a ton of people that has had this issue including me back in 2009 and they are telling me that this seems to be a new issue. It is not a new issue. Why would they not fix this bug if it is an on going problem and if it takes this much manpower to fix it? has anyone else had this issue recently and if so how long did it take them to resolve it?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted. - going on for over 2 weeks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi pottssie,

It's really unfortunate to hear about the same message arising again for your account. Frankly speaking I haven't seen this message until the balance is actually about to exhaust.

I am just wondering whether this message is only the problem or due to that your ad delivery also gets affected? Let us know about that here.

Many times Adwords Employees also tend to response back to the forum. So I am hoping if anyone related to this department could also see and reply back with some justified answer.

Pankaj

Re: Your ads aren't running because your prepaid balance is exhausted. - going on for over 2 weeks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello pottssie;

Why aren't you switching to automatic payment?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no, the message is not the only problem, I could live with the message there but the ads do not run. It acts just like it would if I never added any funds to the account but I have added funding to the account on several different occasions. The Adwords support employee that is working with me said the payments did process but does not know why it did not make the ads start to run. I have since created another account. Every aspect of it is is identical but my quality score is not as good as it is on my old account. I think the age of an account is also a factor in quality score. That would be the only reason that I know that would make the quality score any different than the older account. It is costing me around $100 a day more to get the same amount of traffic. The last time I have even heard from support was on Friday. I am beginning to wonder if they will ever get it fixed. I am not sure if they understand how important this is to a small business because the difference in what it costs with a new account versus the old one is enough to put me out of business. I spent around $95,000 with adwords last year. You would think it would be very important to them to make sure that my ads are running. The whole thing is that they know if they do not get it fixed that we will open a new account and pay even more money so that is probably why the support is as bad as it is. They win either way. I keep getting told that they have their top engineers working on my account. I am sorry but I find it very hard to believe because I do not think it would take over 2 weeks to get it fixed. The last time the same issue happened to my account it was down from Dec 12th 2009 - Dec 30th 2009. I wasn't very happy about that either but it was a lot more understandable. I know it was over Christmas and they were most likely short staffed but this time I do not see any reason for it to take so long. I am very sorry for the rant but I worked very hard to build this business to see it go down the drain because of the little support that I am getting from a huge company like Google. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what do you mean automatic payment? my account is prepay. Also. for some reason my account is still using the old interface. it does not give me the option to switch the interface like it does with my adsense account. The new account that I have has a different interface. Well, let me correct myself. I say this is a new account but this is the account that I had to create back in 2009 when this happened the first time but it still has a different interface than my main account that I am having issues with. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Re: Auto payment

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

pottssie;

In some old accounts you cannot switch to auto payment. Go to your "my account" tab and check If you can switch.

Are you sure the ads do not run? no impression at all, any time? Have you verified that with the ad preview tool?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just checked, automatic payment is not an option, this account will not even let you add a back up funding source. As far as the ads running, I am positive, no ads, no impressions, no clicks, no nothing, all 0's on everything since April 1st. I am pretty familiar with my adwords account. I have used adwords for quiet some time now and I am on my account every day. I do not set it up to run and just check on it every once in a while like some people do. I check everything daily. I even add funds on a daily basis instead of putting enough in to run for a long period of time. I used to add more funds where it would run longer but I did have a few times where my site was down or my server rather and my ads were running for nothing so I chose to do it all on a daily basis which has always worked out fine.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

My last resort ; Close the account and open a new one, with all consequences involved (i.e loosing account history, if campaigns performances good) Smiley Sad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

like I said, I have already opened a new one, it is not performng near as good as the old one, that i why I am so upset, Google should have to transfer your history so you would get the same performance if they are not able to fix an account but that will never happen. The rep said he has never seen an account not get fixed but who knows how long that will take?

Re:New account

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Just make sure that you close the other account, otherwise, you are violating the "One business - one account " policy