AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Your ads aren't running because we haven't received your payment

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got the email yesterday for the $100 credit towards AdWords. I created an ad, and entered in the promo number. I selected manual payment, which stated that since I have a promo code, my ad will stop running once the $100 runs out, and I will have to make a payment for it to continue running. Which is totally fine - but now at the top of my home page, it says "Your ads aren't running because we haven't recieved your payment" - very confused as to how to move forward, because I don't want to be charged just yet, I want to use the $100 promo first. Can anyone help please?

how much i have to pay?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your ads aren't running because we haven't received your payment

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Siddharth,
I might be wrong, but as far as I know, now Google AdWords coupons for advertising work like this: in order to spend the credit from Google, first you should enter your billing info in your new AdWords account and spend a certain amount of money (the amount differs from country to country).
I see in your profile you're from India, so here's the terms and conditions of AdWords coupons in your country:

"Advertisers who choose the prepay billing option are required to submit an minimum initial prepayment of Rs 500 before their account is activated."

Hope this helps!

Milda Prušinskaitė

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for posting to the AdWords Community. I should be able to clear up your concern about the alert you're seeing on your Billing tab and your promotional code.

The first thing to note is all AdWords promotional codes require some sort of action before you can receive your credit. Without seeing the promotional code, I can't 100% confirm what the required action is, but based on similar promotions, it sounds like you have a promotional offer where we invite you to spend $25 and then we will credit your account an extra $100. This information should be on the offer itself and also in the Terms and Conditions.

The reason you're seeing that billing alert is because you actually need to make a payment for $25 and then spend that money in clicks. Once you spend the $25 (not just make the payment), we will automatically credit your account for the $100 and you will be able to use that for future advertising costs. After this $100 credit is used up, since you are on manual payments, your account will stop running until you make another payment.

Does this make more sense now? Again, without knowing the code, I cannot confirm 100% that your promotional offer is spend $25, get $100, but I'm about 95% sure this is the case. If you cannot determine this by looking at the offer or reading the Terms and Conditions, I would encourage you to call our AdWords Customer Support and we would be more than happy to assist you! You can find the correct phone number to call by visiting our Help Center (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067).

Good luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same case too.  Did Google adwords just changed their payment policies coz I was able to create my ad campaign last Feb and March 2015 and I got charged on my debit card after, not before.  I don't know how to fix this too.

Thanks.

Jennifer