AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Your account isn't active because you haven't entered your billing information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the following message under Campaigns: "Your account isn't active because you haven't entered your billing information.  To activate your account and start running your ads." 

But Billing Settings shows my account details. Why is my Campaign not active? 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Your account isn't active because you haven't entered your billing information.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Chances are the account is associated with expired or invalid card. I'd enter new billing info or perhaps the current one once more in case it is, in fact, still valid.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Your account isn't active because you haven't entered your billing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 20
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I just had a similar issue and managed to get some answers on it.

Apparently, when a new account is created, the account needs permission from the MCC billing profile. In order to get this, an email verification is sent to the "billing info" address, which isnt necessarily the same as the email address that is associated with the MCC. In my case, the address was a company address that's no longer accesible. I had to speak to somebody from Google, and get them to manually change the address (you can't do it yourself)... cancel and resubmit the billing request after this and it should work. I'm still in the process of doing this, so im not 100% certain, but it seems like a logical solution.

Don't bother with Emailing, this is the sort of issue that needs interaction to properly be fixed, you can phone them, but my best-performing support method is the live online chat option, they're very helpful and very patient

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Your account isn't active because you haven't entered your billing information.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Chances are the account is associated with expired or invalid card. I'd enter new billing info or perhaps the current one once more in case it is, in fact, still valid.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same massage under my campaigns. I have entered billing information and have used a promotional code to pay. My account shows that I have money on it. Unfortunaly my campaign is not active. Can someone help please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem.  I've put in my card correctly, and everything is fine, but I still get this message on the top of the screen.  Why?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem, has anyone found a solution?

JSW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
JSW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This seems to be a common problem but not seeing any answers?

Is it possible the promotional code is causing some kind of conflict?

I don't want to run our campaign without it.. but I can't test to see if that is the conflict.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experiencing the same problem and haven't entered any promotional codes, so this can't be the issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here I entered all my info correctly but still get this message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have properly entered two valid credit cards but Adwords still says I need to enter billing information to activate the account. When I go to Billing, both cards appear. I did not use any promotional codes. Poor way to start a business relationship. Any real solutions? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem. I've sent feedback to google support but no response.