AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Your Google AdWords account has been suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I created a google adwords account around a month ago and created a test campaign on it without adding the billing information to it. After I have added the billing information, I started showing the error 

"Your Google AdWords account has been suspended because your billing information in this or a related account could not be verified."

Now, after going through this community, i understand that this is a generic error. however, what i do not understand is that how can account be suspended when i have not even used it yet?

I have filled up the appeal form but it has not yet helped me.

This is a tech support campaign. I do not understand what is wrong!!

Can someone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your Google AdWords account has been suspended

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stefanie L,

It is possible and has happened in many a cases that the adwords account gets suspended even if its paused (if there is any policy violation).

as mentioned by you, you din't enter billing details however you created a test campaign.

as its a tech support campaign can you kindly tell if the website that you might have attached in the account comply to all terms and conditions???

if possible kindly mention your website name here.

Asif

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I didn't want to put on an active link to my website. But this should take you there!

I don't understand how a test campaign that I never even could run because of no billing information on it could be reviewed or the account be suspended?

I however used to be a partner in another firm with which I'm no longer associated with, where I did use the same card. As per my knowledge their accounts are suspended too! Could that affect me as well even if it was more than 6-8 months ago?

Edit : Should I tell you page for which test campaign was created as well?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello;

An account / campaign is check whether it is active or not;

Run a search on this community for "IT support suspension " OR "tech support suspension", for the time period of the last month. You'll find many similar cases to yours, that will guide you how to fix your site.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To be quite honest .. that is what I have been doing till now. Its 2 weeks now since the account is inactive. During this time..I have read and implemented many changes on the website. However I have not received any reply from Google about the suspension after filling the appeal form. Does it takes that long usually? That is why I decided to post here for help . .
According to me, My account should not be suspended for policy voilation . . Cause I dint voilated any . . !

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stafanie,

frankly speaking I'm not an expert but i looked at your website and found it ok.

I read in one of the threads where Moshe suggested to put a refund policy on the plan page.

would suggest you the same and appeal.

and appeal doesn't take more than 3 business days to get you an answer.

Asif

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I see that the site was fixed. You may re-submit it.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thnks for the replies everyone.

Would definately  add the refund policy on the plans page.

As I said I cannot figure out the problem and still guessing what to do

When I created the adwords account my host was still installing the ssl certificate on it. 

Plus some parts of the website may be incomplete. . But that should not cause it right....?

ALso the site is for australia and the registered address on the site is for  australia but I have made payments from UK. Can that also cause this? 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

You must have a SSL in place. Has it been installed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes its installed and working. But when I created the adwords account it was not installed. 

Did that cause the issue? Or is smthng to do with billing?

Which form should I re fill?

Its been 5 days since I filled the last appeal form and have not received any response from Google except the acknowledgement... should I wait for a reply or refill the form?