AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Will a partial payment enable ads

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

One of my clients has reached the $1000 threshold but not yet the 30 day threshold. If they make a partial payment for example $200, will that enable the ads until the $1000 or 30 day threshold is met?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will a partial payment enable ads

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Justin,

treshold should increase everytime you will reach the $1000 limit before 30 day treshold.

See:Billing threshold

Alex

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Justin N,

Your CC would be charged either when you reach the threshold or after 30 days from the previous charge for whatever the outstanding balance is. In this case, your card should be charged when your threshold is met. Making a manual payment (even the entire amount) manually wouldn't help, unless your credit card is automatically chargeable. Ensuring your CC is chargeable is the best way to go about it.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Justin;
This is a nice question; I don't think the systems have the option to to credit (the account with) a partial payment.
How are you technically planning on doing that?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Justin, are you using automatic payment or manual payment? If your client is from US, manual payment is not available for new account in US and payment will be charged automatically as per below instructions.

1) You pay only after you accrue costs, via an automatic charge when you reach your billing threshold or 30 days after your last automatic payment, whichever comes first.

2) You can also make payments whenever you like, in whatever amount you like, with the Make a Payment feature.

Now, when you make the partial payment, you add will be served as per point 2 in above reply.

Learn more about billing system here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375432?ctx=tltp

Note: added screenshot adword_payment.jpg

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It is on automatic payments however if I make a partial payment will the
ads begin to run?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
It is not a US account it is Australian so manual payments are available
the problem is the client doesn't have the full amount to pay can the
client make a partial manual payment and ads continue to run until the
threshold is reached again?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Justin,

Making a manual payment is required only when the card isn't automatically chargeable, which could be due to various reasons. You can still make a Manual Payment for the entire amount or in parts. However, ads wouldn't start running, unless the credit card on the account is chargeable.
Sumanth Sridhar

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
That doesn't answer my question. Will making a partial payment enable ads
to run?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, if the threshold is met at $1000 would making a payment of $200 allow