AdWords
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why was I charged $116.00 for one day when my budget is $.75/day?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a campaign set up for $.75/day which was under review this afternoon. I checked it just now (1am PST) and its up to 17,000 impressions and $116.00. I paused it but seriously, what the f*ck is going on? Any ideas? Anything?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why was I charged $116.00 for one day when my budget is $.75/day?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello aml444,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to here about your situation.

When you look at the paused campaign now what is the budget set at?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Scott,

Under "Budget" it says "$0.75/day". Also there are 0 "thumb" impressions and 17,689 "video" impressions...does that have any meaning?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Without being able to see your account and settings I would suggest that you contact the support team to be honest aml444. 

It sounds like there is something wrong with the settings in your campaign for you to be acquiring video impressions while also exceeding your set budget...

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It happened to me also. This is my first ad campaign so I decided to do a $50 campaign with a daily budget of $7.14.

I was surprised when within a space of minutes, I accrued cost of $179.