AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why is there no software to block a Device ID from click fraud?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is really sad that Adwords customers lose millions of dollars because Google will not create the software to block a Device ID. Most phones change IP address at will, and many people have complained about this, and I personally have lost thousands of dollars recently because Google refuses to admit it is a problem, even when one Device ID clicked 15 times, Google said its not click fraud and refused to refund. Sad that they made it to the top and now they just dont care.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why is there no software to block a Device ID from click fraud?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Tommy,

I'm quite confident that Google will not launch any new features that address click fraud. That would be acknowledging an issue that has been under the radar. For the same reason, the much requested blocking IP addresses at account level still hasn't arrived. 

In my experience click fraud is at its worst in two categories:

- where business owners have pride and want to defeat their rivals - for example some tradesmen.

- where advertisers are making "easy money" in niches that often have issues with AdWords themselves - for example affiliate marketing

For most businesses, click fraud doesn't touch them.