AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my cost higher than my daily budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My daily budget was $0.71 but it shows the cost for one day of serving is $50 why is that?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my cost higher than my daily budget?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
When your ads are shown more often, your total daily cost might be up to 20% more than your average daily budget. However, you won't be charged more than your average daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month (30.4).

Note that sometimes your daily costs might exceed the 120% cap. However, you'll still only be charged for the 20% over your daily budget. For example, if your daily budget is US$0.71, and you've accumulated US$1.10 in costs on a given day, you'll only be charged US$0.85 per day. The remaining $0.25 is returned to you as an overdelivery credit, which you can see in your transaction history.

Re: Why is my cost higher than my daily budget?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Double check your daily budget. It seems that you misplaced the decimal point.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’