AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my budget exceeding my daily budget significantly?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, I have a serious problem right now. I just went over my adsword and looked at my daily budget, I had it set to 1,000 won (1 dollar). For some reason, now I have to pay over 220,000 won(220 dollars). I know that videos can exceed the budget limit by 20 percent MAX. But what ended up happening was, my budget was exceeded by 200 percent instead. I am not sure what is going on. I'm very confused.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my budget exceeding my daily budget significantly?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
You are correct ; Daily budget will not exceed 20% .
Verify that you set the budget correctly and call customer service to check the case.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sounds like the most reasonable thing to do. Thanks

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Apparently this error in reporting spent happens to videos , in here someone with a 1$ daily budget received a cost notification of $756 . The solution for videos is to wait for the cost reporting to level down according to the budget :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/daily-budget-and-total-cost/m-p/203836/highlight/tru...