AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why is Google adwords costing me even when there are no conversions happening??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My CPA and CPC campaigns are costing me every day in spite of any conversions happening. My Ad rotation that I had setup as per AD conversions. Does Ad rotation has to do something with this issue???
It will be of great help if someone explains my query?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nithya K
August 2016

Re: Why is Google adwords costing me even when there are no conversions happening??

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Nithya,

Good question.

First of all, Google does not promise that you'll get conversions. Target CPA bidding and rotating ads to optimize for conversions can both be good strategies, but they don't guarantee conversions.

It's very unlikely that your ad rotation is preventing you from getting conversions. It's more likely that the problem is larger (for example, the people getting to your site aren't relevant, or the offer on your site isn't compelling enough to cause them to convert).

Without knowing the details of your account there's not much I can tell you about why people may not be converting, but I can give you a couple of ideas:

1. Look at your search terms report to see the actual words people are searching to trigger your ads. Are they truly relevant to you?

2. If the right people are getting to your site (based upon their search terms being relevant), look at your landing pages and think about why people might not convert. Are you asking for a lot of information, or is your price point high? Think about ways that you can improve your landing page experience to increase your conversion rate.

I hope that's helpful!

John

Re: Why is Google adwords costing me even when there are no conversions happening??

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Nithya,

John has posted an excellent and detailed explanation above. That's how Google's business model associated with those 2 features work. I mean target CPA bidding and rotating ads to optimize for conversions.

However, I do appreciate that you may wish to avail of a different different online business model where you only pay for conversions accrued. If that is the case you need to find an affiliate network (there are many of them on the net) and sign up with it in the capacity of a merchant.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks John for your inputs. I shall consider the above mentioned options and experiment them for my account. Will keep you updated on this Smiley Happy