AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why didn't I get the $100 free ads after I gave the promo # & spent 30

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I took an ad with you with the promise and understanding that I was getting $100 free advertising if I spend $25 so I started the ball rolling with William Meyer and gave him the code from the coupon - later I was told by Nelson Sparks I had to spend $30 (bait & switch) for the $100 to kick in, so I did  - 8 clicks cost $29.22, more than the required $25 and yet the $100 is not there, I wanted the ads to run during the holiday weekend, today is the holiday and no $100 credit - fix it right away or refund my $30 as the only reason I tried this was the $100 incentive, If you do not fix it right away you will never have my business again and as a web designer I will be sure to let everyone I deal with know how you cheated me.

Re: Why didn't I get the $100 free ads after I gave the promo # &

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Gregory ! Welcome to the Community !

If I take a look at the conditions for the vouchers in the UK for example :

http://www.google.co.uk/adwords/coupons/terms.html

"

• The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered."

And I picked this up from your story , thinking it could be a reason : "and gave him the code from the coupon"

Also from this article

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Spend-X-Get-Y-Promotional-Codes-How-Do-They-Wo...

I've read that you get the promo credit after 5 business days :

"Hence, if you accrue clicks worth the complete $25 on Oct 20, the promotional credit amount of $100 will appear on the AdWords account within 5 business days."