AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I use another Code?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I signed up back in 2014 for AdWords and received a promo code (spend $## get $##). Never used it... expired value.

Now, I did another one today by joining Weebly, and the page is telling me "Because you already used a promotional code in this account, you aren't eligible for another."

I don't understand the issue? Why am I limited? Especially since I never actually redeemed the first one (didn't cost Google any free ads).

Best,

JC

1 Expert replyverified_user

Why can't I use another Code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jc F,

The terms and conditions for each promotion can vary by country or by promotion.

A major criteria under the general terms and conditions is - ' One promotional credit per customer.'

As you have already used a code in 2014 in your account (Offer expires 3 months after the media containing your voucher was first issued or on the expiration date provided on the voucher (if any).) your account is not be eligible for a new one.

Please find the general terms and conditions for AdWords promotional codes here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1396257

Deepak