AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why are we being charged double for Google Ad Words campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We signed up to run google ads and loaded our account with $1,500, but were actually charged twice that amount $3,000. We contacted Google, provided them with the billing statement from our credit card, but the issue has still not been resolved. They have suspended our Google Ad Words account, which means we're no longer getting traffic from our ads. We contacted Google on several occasions and provided them with all the credit card company's contact information, however, after 3 days issue still has not been resolved. We' sent several emails to Google, they keep saying they're working on it. Our bank has even made an attempt to reach Google, but the issue has still not been resolved. Any suggestions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why are we being charged double for Google Ad Words campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi There,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

I can understand your frustration but as you have described the situation it is not clear whether you were on automatic or manual payment settings.

You said you loaded your account with certain amount, it means you were on manual payment setting and on this setting you are not charged more than the actual credits in your account. However, if you were on automatic payment settings, you do not start with an initial payment, you are charged when you reach the threshold or 30 days period. 

Did you switch the payment method ever?

My advice would be - please wait for a few more days as you have already been confirmed that the AdWords team is working on your problem. I am sure they will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
we have been waiting for more than a week and have had email exchange with a person name Ally very polite person she has told us that Google has taken two charges and one charge was just authorization and unfortunately our bank has posted and charges us twice on jan 20 2014 we have provided statement and waiting for a letter from the bank
please let us know what other documents you need to provide the proof that the card was charged twice
we manually load the account we are not on automatic charge
please give us some advice like to see this matter resolved ASAP

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I log into our account and show certain payments for my campaign, however on the credit card statement I am being double billed. For instance - in my google adword account it shows ONE payment for $200. On my statement it shows Google has billed $200 & $200. Who do I contact? Can someone contact me please?

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

No one on the Community has access to your individual account details. For help with your billing question, please reach out directly to the AdWords Team.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They will also sometimes double charge for the actual click itself.  I think it's because some people double click links not knowing they only need to click it once, and this confuses Google's system.  I raised a fuss about this to Google, I even had IP history logs to prove my case, but the people at Google were 100% non-supporting and absolutely no help at all.  Disgraceful.  They claimed their system will detect multiple clicks from the same IP and billing will be automatically corrected, but when I deep dive weeks and months later to verify I see they are lying.  Absolutely disgraceful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords Double Charging.PNG

On Thursday 4th May I had one keyword show up as 2 clicks and 1 impression. I've seen this happen before and the process of complaining is made difficult that we are victims of their money grabbing system. I've checked transactions and there was no correction shown up on my account.

There should be a quick "report click fraud" button and a short comment with your reason why you believe it to be. Not hard for someone to code up but I don't see this happen for the next few years as Google is too big a company to listen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The same exact thing happened to me.  How can you get 2 clicks from 1 impression.  I called Google and they were absolutely no help at all.

Why are we being charged double for Google Ad Words campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you noticed Google do not respond to this forum. A bug to fool us and make extra money. Yet complaints are ignored. Another search engine provider should be used. Will Google listen then?