AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I not reaching my daily budget limit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a daily budget of $66.67 ($2000 a month) for a campaign, yet my average daily spend 4 days into the campaign is about $30 which is way below my budget.  Why am I not reaching my daily budget limit?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why am I not reaching my daily budget limit?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi D
There's a few reasons for this.
Most likely though, it's because there is nothing to spend your budget ON. For example, if you are bidding $5CPC on a keyword that's only searched for once per day, you're only going to spend a maximum of $5 per day, assuming your ad gets clicked at all.

Without seeing any other figures from your account, it's difficult to tell. However, here's a really comprehensive guide on how the daily budget works - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6312?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply Dave. Well my keywords have a high traffic and I am targeting all over Canada. I am getting a lot of impressions but not enough clicks. My keywords has good match types too. I have several ad groups and ads so not quite sure why I am not still reaching the daily budget.

I am thinking of changing my delivery options from standard to accelerated delivery. May be that will help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Digital Ads - D
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey there,

If you're getting "enough" impressions that seem to correlate well with the high traffic for these keywords, but getting low clicks then your CTR may be too low. The main reasons for this to be happening is either your targeting is a bit off or too generic, or your ad copy is a low performer.

If you're sure your targeting is appropriate, you may want to split test a few ad copies so that you can stop the low performing ones.

The last point may be sort of trivial but are you sure your bids are high enough for your keywords as well?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply Akkari. I am targeting all over Canada and that cannot be changed. In terms of Ad copy I have several ads and the copy is decent too. However you raised a very good last point (not trivial at all); high bidding for keywords. All my keywords are related to men's custom made suits, formal shirts and pants. Since these are very generic and high traffic keywords, a lot of advertisers are bidding on it.

So what I did was manually go through the keywords and increase the bid (max. CPC) significantly by comparing it to the estimated first page and top position bid. After making those changes not only I am meeting my daily budget limit, I have exceeded it in the last couple of days Smiley Happy. Also my CTR and Average Position seems to be improving as well. The bottom line is even for a well optimized campaign sometimes you just need to spend more money.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome! Happy to be of help Smiley Happy Good luck with your campaign then.