AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I not able to cancel my Adwords account?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I am trying to delete my adwords account. I clicked on "cancel my account" under preferences and it says "This account is cancelled. Ads in this account are not running.", But I am able to see all the Ad campaigns. Beside this, when I try to link this account with other adwords account, I am getting an error "The Google Account already has access to an AdWords account (Customer ID)."

I apologise if this question is being brought up at some other place.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why am I not able to cancel my Adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Technically the account is not closed should you wish to reactivate it in the future;

But it will not incur any further charges.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Why am I not able to cancel my Adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

To clarify a bit, the account is closed, but it is never actually deleted. Cancelling your account does not remove your email address from the account and you will not be able to use that email address to access a different AdWords account unless and until you remove that email address as a user.

I have posted in this form many times how to go about doing this. Please see if you can find one of those posts.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords