AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I being charged more than my max bid. (No bid adjustments selected)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have been running campaigns for some time now. I noticed I am being charged more than 30% extra when enhance cpc is selected. (When my max bid is $1, I was charged $4). I had a mobile bid adjustment. However, I used it to decrease my bid for mobile search by 90%. So it doesn't have any effect on that.

Yesterday I changed my campaigns' settings. I unchecked the enhance cpc option. Other things I changed was increased my bid from $1 to $2 and changed ad schedule from 24h ad delivery to 6h (The selected 6h duration was the most profitable period of the day, for my campaign.)

As I unchecked enhance cpc my cost per click should be $2 or less than that. However, this time I was charged $8.57.

What do you think happening here? Any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Ivon

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivon C
June

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Ivon C,

Make sure that you are you assessing today's data.
Cross check once again if any bid adjustment(incremental) or automated rule is implemented at any level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Archit for the reply. I had stupidly set a bid adjustment in the ad group level. That has been the issue. Thanks again for pointing that.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You are welcome!!

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’