AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why Im still getting charged for ADWs after I paused 5 months ago?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you please explain why google is taking $200 plus per month from my account? I have been billed me all though the winter and my advertising has been turned off. My business doesn't even run through the winter we are seasonal so I specifically turned the ads off but Im still getting a bill with this number attached: "ADWS.........." and a number. Any help who be great. 

Thanks

Dan

3 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Dan,

Is it possible you switched off your AdWords ads but you still have AdWords Express ads running? It is a different interface and often people forget it is there...

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Dan,

Few Possibilities:

Charges were for the period the account was active: You can check this under Billing

Campaigns still active in the account: Any rules you might have set up could enable campaigns. Or it could be as simple as your change (of pausing the campaigns) not going through. I'd recommend double checking.

Duplicate account: If you have the AdWords Customer ID in your CC statement, you can double check. Else, try recollecting if you signed up for AdWords from a different email.

I'd recommend contacting Google if none of these seem to work, because it is hard to guess what could be causing this issue without accessing the account.

Best,

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. How can I contact Google?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Dan,

You can contact AdWords Support and they can access your account with you. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST). When you call, have your account numbers and be at a computer where you can access your account with you.

Kind Regards,

James