AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Why I am getting charged even for paused campaign?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My campaign was paused. I made payment as well as some changes on Friday and Saturday and wanted to run it on Monday. But what I observed was, I was charges to more than of the payment and there kind of results such as 115 clicks 881 impressions etc. If campaign and its ad group was paused, how it got clicks and why I am charged? Thanks!

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

It takes a while for the system to update all charges for clicks accrued before you paused the campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Why I am getting charged even for paused campaign?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Harmanpreet S,

Moshe is spot on correct, as always, with his reply. To add the words directly from Google...

When you stop your ads from running—by canceling your account or pausing or removing your campaigns—the AdWords system can take several hours to halt your ads completely. At this point, you won't accrue any more costs.

However, you'll be billed for any unpaid advertising costs that accrued before your ads stopped running. Our system operates on a 30-day billing cycle, so you might not receive your final charges for several weeks.

To see whether you have any unpaid advertising costs, click the gear icon and choose Billing, then look at your current balance at the top of the page.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @MosheTLV and @J Clemens

But as much as I can recall, campaign was paused many weeks ago. Can we check when the campaign was paused?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Harmanpreet,

Let me answer this, Yes you can look into change history of the campaigns. and can see all changes made to the campaigns. You can find change history option under "Tools" Drop down on top navigation bar.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Neha Gupta,

I just found that I changed status from Paused to Active and after two days, changed from Active to Paused. As @J Clemens and @MosheTLV said adwords may take several hours to stop ads completely so I think I was charged for that period and for the period for which it was active after last payment. 

Thanks to all. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been getting charged over $200 per month now for several months and my campaign is paused. I need some help from Google to stop this or tell me what they are billing me for. I don't want to advertise with google anymore.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you please explain why google is taking $200 per month from my account? They have been billing me all though the winter (5 months now) and my advertising has been turned off. My business doesn't even run through the winter we are seasonal so I specifically turned the ads off but Im still getting a bill with this attached: "ADWS....." and then a number.

I don't want to pay this anymore and I would like to be refunded if possible.

Thanks
Dan

Re: Why I am getting charged even for paused campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google are stealing from me too. I never want to do business with them again.  They just keep taking and taking money when nothing is happening. They are thieves.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google are stealing from me too. I never want to do business with them again.  They just keep taking and taking money when nothing is happening. They are thieves.