AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Which Payment is better? Payment currency as INR or GBP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing fine. 

I am running a campaign for one of my United Kingdom based client targeting google.co.uk. The service based in UK. I am paying in GBP.

Today I thought to do a R&D on the comparison on the amount i am paying in GBP with INR.

During my research i came to know that there are huge difference in INR and GBP for first page bid and I am paying more in GBP.

Kindly see some values. 1 GBP= 90.18 INR

keyword 1: First page Bid in INR: 10.3
                   First page Bid in GBP: 1.78
Calculation: 1.78 GBP = 171.07 INR (hence i have to pay 160.77 more for first page)

Keyword 2: 

First page Bid in INR: 192.43
                   First page Bid in GBP: 6.93
Calculation: 6.93 GBP = 666.04 INR (hence i have to pay 473.31 more for first page)

Like that i am using total of 35 other keywords which have same sort of huge difference.

My question is
1. what payment method should I use is it INR or GBP. ?
 What will be the best payment option for my case, should i change my currency from GBP to INR?

2. Can I pay in INR using UK credit card?

Kindly guide me.

Best Regards

Saday

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Which Payment is better? Payment currency as INR or GBP?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Saday,

Please find below reply from @MosheTLV regarding similar Query for your 1st query.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/Which-is-better-Payment-currency-as-INR-or-USD/td-...

Yes you can pay INR using UK Credit Card If you billing country is UK. Please find below tool where you can cross check this.
Payment methods finder - Choose your Google product, billing country, and currency to see your available payment options.
https://billing.google.com/payments/paymentoptionfinder

Choose a payment method

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375433?hl=en&ref_topic=3119148

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,
Anand

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

As per the rule, you can change the account time zone once in the lifetime of your AdWords account, but you cannot change the currency ever. So in case you really want to switch over, you will have to first close the current account, clear all the pending invoices. Let AdWords support know about it and then choose the appropriate currency which you want.

In a nut shell, you choose whatever the currency best suits you, all it matters is the ad rank and how well your ads can stand out in front of other advertisers. Conversion Rate and other factors doesn't really count into AdWords calculating Ad Rank. That's my understanding here.

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi, @Saday K,

How do you know this data

--------------------------------------------

keyword 1: First page Bid in INR: 10.3
                   First page Bid in GBP: 1.78
Calculation: 1.78 GBP = 171.07 INR (hence i have to pay 160.77 more for first page)

Keyword 2: 

First page Bid in INR: 192.43
                   First page Bid in GBP: 6.93
Calculation: 6.93 GBP = 666.04 INR (hence i have to pay 473.31 more for first page)

-----------------

Do you get this from two different account?

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. I have solved the issue.

Regards
Saday

Which Payment is better? Payment currency as INR or GBP?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And your findings/solution was??? It would be great if you shared what you established was best value. Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

I have decided to continue with GBP currency, because it will be easy to make your client understandable on the budget and spending.