AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where is my Invoice?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Where is my Invoice?

It's the start of the month, so it's time to balance the books, and review your previous months transactions.

Here are four simple steps to help you find your monthly invoice in your AdWords Account for accounts on Automatic Payments!

Step 1: Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.

Step 2: Click the gear icon located in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Step 3: Select “Billing” from the dropdown menu.

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 09.54.47.png

Step 4: Locate the month summary in your list of transactions. You’ll see a blue series of numbers (the Invoice Number), which, when clicked will generate your Invoice on screen!

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 09.54.54.png

A few things to note:

• An invoice for a particular month will be available by the fifth business day of the next month. If you can’t see your invoice link, check back on the 5th day of the month to find your invoice for the previous month. So, you’ll be able to download July’s invoice, on the 5th of August.
  • The monthly invoice will contain all payments or payment requests for that calendar month (more information here).
  • You need to pro-activly download your invoices each month if you need them for your records.

Want to read more about this, and other invoicing queries, check out our Help Center article “Get an invoice or payment receipt” here

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where is my Invoice?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for posting this Kathleen!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately this isn't an invoice, it is a receipt. Our procurement office requires us to show what we have paid for, not simply that a payment has been made. It would be better if this report showed exactly what charges were covered by which payments. As a work-around I have to submit both this and a printout of the transaction activity.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I totally agree with Aaron B. This doesn't suit my accountant needs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear KathleenG, could you advise where I can issue invoice for prepayment ? There is only one possibility to put money on Google AdWords account for new company - to charge credit card. But I need full invoice for payment - my accountant can't account only record from bank statement.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Aaron & Marion,

I can understand, it might be tough to relate payments to their usage. However, I think Google has kept them apart for a reason that it might get complicated. Payments made for the month are shown in the invoice for that month. However, those payments could be used (accruing clicks) the following month as well (in case of pre-pay accounts) which might create a confusion.

For accounts & audit purposes, we use the invoice that shows all payments made during the month, irrespective of usage across campaigns and their purposes.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar