AdWords
7K members online now
7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where does remaining amount in my billing goes?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI ,

I want to clear a confusion related to my adwords account billing.

Date: 01/01/01 order $1200 consumed 56%

Date: 08/01/01 order $1200 consumed 86%

There is a remaining value which isn't used and new order is placed.

Is the remaining amount returned to the account holder as new order is placed OR remains with Google until asked for refund ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where does remaining amount in my billing goes?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Muhammad,

Sounds like you have a credit balance in your account and you want to know what happens to it.

It will remain in your account unless you request a refund for it. Here's how to do that:https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8440?rd=1

If I misunderstood your question, please let me know.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for posting! Unfortunately, I'm not too sure what you mean - can you clarify? Have you made a manual payment? Is there an un-used amount remaining in your account?

Usually refunds are only processed when you cancel your account. If you have a pre-paid balance in your account and have paused or ended your campaigns, it will remain there until you re-start your campaigns, or cancel your account and request a refund. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately, I can't upload snapshot of my billing over here. Here is a sketch of how my billing looks like:

Date Order Consumed
June 10, 2014 $1000 $856 (85%) - Ended
June 18, 2014 $2550 $1249 (49%)

Above here, I have tried to represent my adwords billing summary of posted manual orders.
Against each order, There is a percentage amount which is consumed and prior its complete utilization, a new order is made.
Whenever I have a made a new order, previous order is marked as "Ended" and I can't use it's remaining budget, I doesn't carry forward with my newly posted order.

My question is.. where does the remaining 15% or 51% of the amount goes to?
- It remains with Google ?
OR
- It is automatically refunded to my Company's credit card ?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for sending the additional information. I gather from your post that your client account is on monthly invoicing and you are allocating budgets for them to use? In that situation, if an account does not spend the full allocation, you are only charged the amount spent. For example, if you allocated $1000 but the account only spent $500, you will only be charged $500 at the budget end date. $1000 is the maximum amount the account can spend, and no more. 

Budget Orders/Allocations are not credits on the account - they are simply a budget allocation. Therefore if an account does not spend the full budget allocation, it will only be charged what it actually spent.

I hope this helps!