AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where do you put the activation code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a adwords campaign yesterday but when I got to billing, it asked for a credit card, so I used my bank details and put my debit card details away, only to be told that it takes 10 days to verify my account and I had already asked for the campaign to start yesterday?

I still have not found the section where I added the start date so I can change this? now I have recieved my activation code for new accounts but can't find where to add the activation code,........it seems all about face this google adwords and Google+.

That is a all new ball game, why is it so difficult?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where do you put the activation code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

When you go to Billing Tab, there are 2 buttons Make a payment and More actions button like this:

Billing.jpg

Click on more actions button and you will get this option of  apply a promotional code and enter the code number so that you can redeem the promo code.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It wasn't the activation code I was asking really, this code was sent to me after I set up a campaign and adwords rang me to help me add a payment card.

They now tell me they take Debit cards, not just credit cards, so I have just tried to add a card for the sixth time and still the system sends me to pages nothing to do with adding a card.

I have never been on such a difficult system in my life, I have another very large website costing thousands and we are launching this in two months, I was thinking about adwords for this but very reluctant now,.......may just leave the website people to do the SEO side

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also find Google+ very difficult to do also, so much info, instructions and pages, I spoke with adwords regarding this

and I believe they are aware of this, not everybody took a Phd in computer science and google are obviously not aware of this?