AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where do you put the activation code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up a adwords campaign yesterday but when I got to billing, it asked for a credit card, so I used my bank details and put my debit card details away, only to be told that it takes 10 days to verify my account and I had already asked for the campaign to start yesterday?

I still have not found the section where I added the start date so I can change this? now I have recieved my activation code for new accounts but can't find where to add the activation code,........it seems all about face this google adwords and Google+.

That is a all new ball game, why is it so difficult?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where do you put the activation code?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

When you go to Billing Tab, there are 2 buttons Make a payment and More actions button like this:

Billing.jpg

Click on more actions button and you will get this option of  apply a promotional code and enter the code number so that you can redeem the promo code.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It wasn't the activation code I was asking really, this code was sent to me after I set up a campaign and adwords rang me to help me add a payment card.

They now tell me they take Debit cards, not just credit cards, so I have just tried to add a card for the sixth time and still the system sends me to pages nothing to do with adding a card.

I have never been on such a difficult system in my life, I have another very large website costing thousands and we are launching this in two months, I was thinking about adwords for this but very reluctant now,.......may just leave the website people to do the SEO side

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also find Google+ very difficult to do also, so much info, instructions and pages, I spoke with adwords regarding this

and I believe they are aware of this, not everybody took a Phd in computer science and google are obviously not aware of this?