AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I see my current amount that I pay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am very confused on where I find the amount that I must pay. After puting a budget of 5$ I go to my home page and see 42.65$ However if I go to billing page, under "Current Balance" it says "unpaid advertising costs" and the current balance is 0.81$ However it raises every day. Which of these do I pay? And why is it that my budget was 5$ but they still charged me more then that (If the home page is what I must pay)?

The current balance is still rising a few cents a day but I do not have ads running.

Once I pay the bill can I delete the account and not worry about it again?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author reflex g
September 2015

Re: Where do I see my current amount that I pay

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Reflex,

I'll try to answer your questions in the order you posted:

Question# 1

Regarding the CA $42.65 charge, this is the total amount that you've been charged for running an active campaign ad(s) on your AdWords account. It looks like you recently ran two separate Ad groups which you were charged CA $42.65. 

If you look on your Home page of your AdWords account, there should also be a breakdown of the 

Clicks, Impressions, CTR and Average CPC that equals the total amount charged.

Since you were charged CA $42.65, a new billing cycle began with a current balance of CA $0.81. 

Please keep in mind that while the cost of your campaign can be 20% above your daily budget on any given day, AdWords uses a monthly charging limit. As long as your budget is consistent for an entire month, you won't be charged more than your daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month, which is 365 days in a year ÷ 12 months or 30.4 days/month.

If your budget is CA $10 per day throughout an entire month, the maximum you'd be charged is CA $304 (CA $10 daily budget x 30.4 average days per month) in that billing cycle.

Question #2

You can cancel your Google AdWords Account at any time, follow the steps:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account.
  2. From the My account tab at the top of the page, select Preferences
  3. In the "Account Cancellation" section, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.
  4. Fill out all the available fields and click Submit Request. This will cancel your account.  

Remember You can not delete your Google AdWords Account. You only can CANCEL it and in future if you wish to continue you can re-activate your account at any time.

Please let me know if this addressed your questions on your AdWords account.

Re: Where do I see my current amount that I pay

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey, This cleared up all of my questions. Thank you for the help.