AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where did this Adwords charge come from?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I've got a suspicious charge on my card from Sep 22nd. It's from GOOGLE *LTD ADWORDS CC@GOOGLE. COMUS 

I have checked all of my Google Accounts and my billing info is not entered in Adwords. Nor have I ever used Adwords. Is this a legitimate charge? The amount is like $1 but I need to make sure this is a legitimate charge and not a fraud.

Thanks!
Gerry

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gergana D
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gergana,

GOOGLE ADWORDS. CC@GOOGLE.COM is an authorized charge from Google on your Visa or MasterCard statement. The amount you mentioned indicates it was a verification charge. When the account is newly created, Google can make a nominal charge to verify the payment method you entered is valid and able to be charged.

Apparently you did specify a payment option in one of the accounts, perhaps by mistake.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gergana D
September 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Gergana,

GOOGLE ADWORDS. CC@GOOGLE.COM is an authorized charge from Google on your Visa or MasterCard statement. The amount you mentioned indicates it was a verification charge. When the account is newly created, Google can make a nominal charge to verify the payment method you entered is valid and able to be charged.

Apparently you did specify a payment option in one of the accounts, perhaps by mistake.

Best,

Lakatos