AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where can I enter a promo code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a coupon/promo for first-time AdWords users from GoDaddy. The promotion is "spend $25 and receive $100 in future credits." Strange that the current minimum expenditure seems to $50/month… Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where can I enter a promo code?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Susanna,

1. Log in to your AdWords account
2. Click the gear icon near the top right
3. Click Billing
4. Click Manage promotional codes
5. Click the red + PROMOTIONAL CODE button
6. Paste the code into the field and click Save

I hope that helps!

John

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi John,

Don't go by her subject line. Read her question Smiley Tongue

Robin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,
Sorry the subject line is misleading. Here's what happened: I entered the promo code and it "took", but then later in the process of entering the billing info the promo offer "reverted" by itself to "spend $50/get $100 in credit." Since I have a feeling this transformation will happen again, I posted the question. The promo expiration date is December 2016, so that's not the reason.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Susanna,

This issue of voucher code errors seems to be a regular one especially $25 vouchers turning into $50 spend.
I can imagine it's extremely frustrating however the best advice i can give would be to to follow Google's step-by-step guide to fixing a promotional code issue https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/3143390?rd=1

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards, Grace

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Hi Susanna,

Sorry, I misread your question! Grace's answer is good, so I recommend you take the course of action she recommended. Smiley Happy

Best,

John