AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Where Can I Place a Promotional Code?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up my campaign for the first time and I can't seem to find where I can place my promotional code. Do I have to set up and MAKE a payment first? If so, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a promo code Smiley Sad

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where Can I Place a Promotional Code?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello ; Welcome to AdWords;

This article explains all the details of redeeming a promo code:

How to redeem a promotion code

Please note, that a promo code has terms and condition; It is a territory specific, and can be used only on new accounts. (All terms and conditions shown on the coupon. Make sure that you comply.)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Where Can I Place a Promotional Code?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi,

You will need to have accurate billing information on file in order to use a promotional code.  I also noticed recently that some of them require a small spend before the promotional dollars are applied.

The article Moshe pointed you to should answer some of your questions. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’