AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

What to do after starting campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I entered a 100 dollar promotional coupon and started my campaign, when I click on "Make Payment" it doesn't allow me to make the payment through the coupon, how do I start this up?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ONe (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Re: What to do after starting campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you applied the coupon already? It should be added as a credit to your account.

You need to set up your billing information before your campaigns go live so that you can pay for clicks when your coupon runs out.

You can't just set up an account using an AdWords coupon. You need to have another source of funding too. Otherwise, Google would have a whole bunch of inactive accounts when the credit ran out. (Not that I'm claiming that this is your intention)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ONe (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you applied the coupon already? It should be added as a credit to your account.

You need to set up your billing information before your campaigns go live so that you can pay for clicks when your coupon runs out.

You can't just set up an account using an AdWords coupon. You need to have another source of funding too. Otherwise, Google would have a whole bunch of inactive accounts when the credit ran out. (Not that I'm claiming that this is your intention)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This thread was removed by the Community Manager as per the Community Posting Guidelines.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey,

i obtained a $100 promotional coupon for adwords.

i have just set up my account (new user tempted to use adwords)

- therefore, i entered the promotional coupon (as it is a new = eligible account).

Then I could not find the coupon expiry date / value anywhere on the site. It feels like it was never entered (although I entered it once and google told me it was INVALID as 1 digit was missing). Second time when I entered, it just sent me to the next page (I assumed coupon was validated?)

Anyway, I selected "Manual Payment" but google would not launch my adwords campaign until i entered a credit card sort of info. I changed from Manual to Auto (Manual requires me to make $20 upfront minimum payment) = and I thought automatic payment would be better in my case. Entered CC details. All good = adverts working already. However, coupon code still does not appear anywhere. 

I was expecting somewhere to display $100 coupon value + expiry date?

I tried entering the same coupon again under billing and it says "This promotion code has already been redeemed. Promotional codes can only be redeemed one time" - which means it has been successfully redeemed, right?

now just to try something - my friend also has a different coupon ($100). I tried to include that one and it says I am not eligible to claim more than 1 coupon on this account (which shows that the first one was successfully claimed!!)

- So where can I access the value of the promotional code and ensure that I am not being charged from my credit card UNTIL my promotional code value is over?

thanks  for your help!!  Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You can't anymore.

To prevent abuse of the coupon system, Google now requires you to spend $25 first, before you can get your coupon credit.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that sounds fair

however, when one enters the coupon code .. does google not automatically add it to your account, somewhere where you can see that it is on the account and not having to worry about it not being applied?

or does google not say something like 'coupon applied, simply spend $25 and get $100'...??

the coupon is nowhere to be found - nothing under billing / payment

also how long does it take for google to give you $100 when you hit $25?

and is that $100 same value as real money? on facebook, people noticed that when they use money they get 1000 likes and when they use coupon of the same value they get 8-10 times less so just wondering if google treats those coupons as real ones by any chance