AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

What is total cost

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, recently i made ads that i paid 5.00/10.00 euros for (each) and the total cost for the first one is 5.04 and for the second one 62.92 euros?! I still don`t understand what the total cost means if anyone can clear that up for me? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4Kq6kSL-v3neDg0eC1LR3R5Rjg/edit

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anghele M
September 2015

Re: What is total cost

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Anghele,

Firstly, please make this screenshot unavailable, as it has your customer ID and email address.

Coming to your question: I could understand from the initial post that you've created two campaigns with a budget of EUR 5 & EUR 10 respectively. Speaking of the second campaign, with a EUR 10 budget, your spend so far (for 10 days) could be up to EUR 100 but the actual spend is EUR 62.92. From both the screenshots, it appears that daily budget has been reduced. If you aren't sure, I'd suggest checking the change history tool to verify budget changes. We can then arrive at an amount that's supposed to be spent and check if that was actually the case. Steps to use change history here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Anghele,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Looks like I don't have access to the screenshot you've uploaded. However, the Total cost column refers to cost accrued for the time period you've selected from the top right corner. When you say you've paid 5/10 EUR for each, I assume that's the cost per click. CPC * Number of clicks would give you total cost applicable for the time period.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Kq6kSL-v3neDg0eC1LR3R5Rjg/view?usp=sharing i`m sorry did not know u neeed acces .. ... see now ...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
No worries, Anghele!

Just checked the screenshot. This means the total cost for 4481 views is EUR 62.92 for the selected time period. On an average, you're spending EUR 0.01 per view. If you're looking for cost per view, please check the Avg. CPV column.

Hope that helps,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i wos curious if i have to pay that ammount... or sorry english not my native language that is why im not yet shoure

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Yes, you'll have to your campaign cost. However, pls check the date range you are looking at. If you are looking at all time data, it would include costs you might have paid already. Best thing to do is to check the billing tab to understand how much is your outstanding balance.

Feel free to write back if you need help.
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hmmm ... hers a screen .. <edited by Community Manager>  so let me see if i understand ... when i made the add i putted 10.00e as budget ... why did it actualy spred it to 15 days with 0.71 ,, wich will make 10.65.. its not much but surtenley isent what i wos agreen on ... ok now im confused

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove personal information. This is done, per our Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect your privacy and/or account security.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anghele M
September 2015

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Anghele,

Firstly, please make this screenshot unavailable, as it has your customer ID and email address.

Coming to your question: I could understand from the initial post that you've created two campaigns with a budget of EUR 5 & EUR 10 respectively. Speaking of the second campaign, with a EUR 10 budget, your spend so far (for 10 days) could be up to EUR 100 but the actual spend is EUR 62.92. From both the screenshots, it appears that daily budget has been reduced. If you aren't sure, I'd suggest checking the change history tool to verify budget changes. We can then arrive at an amount that's supposed to be spent and check if that was actually the case. Steps to use change history here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar