AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

What is google thinking by removing prepaid billing for Australia ie. Manual Payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have mainly small clients who like to control thier advertising spend.

Google in thier wisdom have removed this option for Australia.

There is now no way to set an advertising budget of say $400.00 for the month.

You have to divide the monthly budget by the daily limit and then hope you don't go into the 20% over that is allowed then set campaign expiry date.

If the budget hasn't been used, you then have to guestimate the amount left and hope the daily spend is right.

What a load of crap... I want to spend XXX run the ads til its finished like any other media campaign

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: What is google thinking by removing prepaid billing for Australia ie. Manual Payments

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi surfbouy,

I came across this one as well.

Set up the account as if you are using automatic payments, go back to your billing settings and change the form of payment and you should be able to select pre pay.

Let me know how you get on or still have any problems after giving it a try.

I am not sure if this is a loophole or if is meant to be this way.

Re: What is google thinking by removing prepaid billing for Australia ie. Manual Payments

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks I will try it. I rang google help and they did not offer this solution.

Re: What is google thinking by removing prepaid billing for Australia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many companies do not offer credit cards for purchases, they want to handle it centrally by accounts payable. Thus, you can get approval for XYZ dollars per month, and they operate a regular payment cycle. BPay is probably the best thing from this perspective. All the google help documents tell me that BPay is an option, so that's the option I suggested to my management and that's what they approved.

What happens to me is the AdWords billing process just blocks: no credit card, no billing, end of story.

Shrug... I guess there's always time to check out bing while I'm waiting.